You can make a portion of your favorite webpage into a Web Clip widget and add it to Dashboard. When the webpage’s content is updated, your Web Clip widget is also updated. When you click a Web Clip widget in Dashboard, the webpage you used to create it opens.
- Open Safari and go to the webpage you want to make into a widget.
- Choose File > “Open in Dashboard.”
- To select the portion of the webpage you want to make into a widget, move the highlighted rectangle around.
- When the portion you want to make into a widget is highlighted, click it.
- To reposition the highlighted portion, drag it. To resize the portion, drag the round handles on its edges.
- When you’re done adjusting the widget outline, click Add. Dashboard appears, with the Web Clip displayed.
- To customize the widget, move the pointer over its lower-right corner. Click the Info button (i) when it appears, and then select any of these options:
Option Description Theme: Choose a look for the widget. Only play audio in Dashboard: If your widget is a sound clip, select this checkbox if you want the sound to stop playing when you close Dashboard. Edit: To resize the widget or reposition the content, click Edit. Drag the content around to reposition it, and drag the Web Clip’s lower-right corner to resize it.
A Web Clip widget remains in Dashboard until you remove it. If you remove a Web Clip widget, the only way to get it back is to create it again.You can create as many Web Clip widgets as you want.