If the widget you need isn’t already on your computer, you can it. You must be connected to the Internet to install additional widgets.
Important: As with any software you install on your computer, make sure you install widgets only from trusted sources.
- To open Dashboard, swipe right with three or four fingers. Or press the Dashboard key or F12 key (Fn-F12 on portable keyboards).
- Click the Open button (+) to open the widget bar.
- Click Manage Widgets.
- Click More Widgets to go to the Dashboard Widgets website.
- Browse the widget website. When you find a widget you want to install, click its Download button.
- When the Widget Installer opens, click Install.
- If the installer doesn’t open automatically, go to the downloaded file and open it. If the file’s name includes the .zip extension, double-click it to unzip it, and then open it.
- Click Keep to keep the widget. If you decide not to keep it, click Delete.
If the Widget Installer doesn’t open automatically when you use Safari to download a widget, choose Safari > Preferences and click General, and then select “Open ‘safe’ files after downloading.”